Summer starts now! And just around the corner! Right ine the Bois de Vincennes, really close from our hôtel! And this is just the beginning! Paris becomes a huge music festival during the summer! They just grow around and all around from June to September with a whole diversified programme, for adults and kids!
Kick off festival: the Weather Festival!
The Weather Paris Festival will be celebrating this year, its 3rd edition at the Bois de Vincennes, from 4th to 7th june 2015.
For 3 days, you will be able to invest in the great outdoors of Paris: a venue located in the heart of the Bois de Vincennes, covering over 100,000m2! 3 days of music! More than 70 artists on 5 stages! Kick off wil be on the 4th of June with 3 opening concerts, among which, a unique one: “DERRICK MAY” live accompanied with a symphonic formation of 40 musicians.
Will then follow 2 massive events with 5 stages designed and decorated with the colors of the 4 seasons. Some of the greatest artists of the global electronic scene will be in the spotlight for you!
JEUDI 4 JUIN – 3 OPENING CONCERTS – 19h30 – 00h00
Derrick may & Dzijan emin feat. francesco tristano & orchestre lamoureux
VENDREDI 5 JUIN – MAIN EVENT 1 – 18h00 – 08h00
SAMEDI 6 JUIN – MAIN EVENT 2 – 16h00 – 08h00
For more details on programme, tickets and prices, please check the dedicated website below:
Métro : Line 1 – Château de Vincennes
Bus : n° 112 La Faluère
RER A : Vincennes
VELIB: Several Velib’ stations can be found around the venue
UBER: Get 20€ off your first ride for new users with the code WEATHERFESTIVAL code
To top it off, Weather has invested in a environmental preserving programme to make sur impact on the location would be as minimum as possible!
Weather GREEN: an ECO friendly festival
This new edition will welcome a new step in the history of the festival : sustainable development. Hence the festival’s engagement to respect the environment in which it will be organized and limit to the maximum the negative impact.
Actions will be:
• Recycling : installation of seperate bins to sort out waste
• Use of reusable cups
• Ecological toilets (“dry toilets”) in the entire venue
• 150 volunteers called the Green Patrol will be around all week end promoting all energy & ressouces saving actions, respct environment spirit. Moreover, they will be distributions of ear plugs, portable ashtrays etc.
• Eat good and green : local prpoducers for food, bio agriculture. All leftovers will be given to charity.
• Electric vehicule for artists on site
• 90% of LED lighting on stage
• Most of the material will be of course collected and recycled at the end of the festival
• Develop awareness and train of all the staff working on the venue
• At the end of the event, debrief on results, evaluated impact on environment, environmental benefits and rehabilitation of the venue to initial state.
ENJOY THE FUN WHILE BEING RESPONSIBLE!